I had grand plans to ride a couple of overnighters to test out my gear and bike set up. In the end the closest I got was setting up the new tent in the back yard and spending the night a few metres from my back door. This meant the first time I got to ride loaded was the 500m ride to my metro train station at 5:20am!
It couldn't have been any easier getting into Southern Cross station and on to the 7:05am Overland to Adelaide. Was nearly a roll on and off experience; unfortunately there were 3 other bikes so I had to take the bags off the bike.
Other than being a long and bumpy ride, the journey West was painless. I got some sleep, had an okay coffee from the dining carriage and the train pulled into Adelaide earlier than scheduled just on dusk.
I'd booked a non powered site on the other side of the city, so I loaded up the bike and headed across town with only a few wrong turns on the way. Once set up, I rode back the nearest shops for dinner and then was off to sleep early. The ride starts in earnest tomorrow!
Campsite at the caravan park on the banks of the Torrens river the morning after.
No comments:
Post a Comment