Thursday, August 25, 2011

Rest day

After yesterday’s lesson I decided to take a day Monday off the bike to recover and reassess. I had a great sleep in and spent much of the day lazing about, editing photos and writing updates. Honestly it’s too hot to do much else; it has been in the mid 30’s every day!
Bourg d'Oisans

I’d heard that the tourist centre has free wifi, so I walked the couple of 100 metres into town. Since my first night landing at Paris CDG I haven’t had internet access which is the reason for the lack of updates. Unfortunately it’s temporarily out of order, but I am offered the use of a free PC in the room next door. Problem with this is the computer has a French keyboard and characters like @ don’t even populate in the yahoo mail login! Finally managed to cut and paste text typed in a French search screen and read my emails. But even trying to reply is a lost cause so I signed out and will try again later in the week.
Walked through Bourg D’Oisans and bought my first Pain au Chocolat for the trip which was only one euro! Talking of food, I am also already on my second round of French Camembert (under two euro!) and enjoy cheap bananas. As I have my own kitchen I have been cooking big plates of pasta and vegies to keep the energy up and the costs down.
After yesterday’s epic, I am a bit nervous about getting back in the hills. I have decided to stay closer to town and do one big climb for the day. Hopefully things go better…

No comments:

Post a Comment