To see parts of France I hadn’t previously been, I again stick to the smaller roads. But I am still so close to where I’d been previously! Just before the turn off to Dignes les Bains I had to stop. From here above an arm of Lac de Serre Poncon, I could make out the cliff line of Ceuse. This was a cliff where I spent five weeks rock climbing during my previous road trip to France back in 97, so it was an emotional moment remembering back.
View to Ceuse
Soon enough I am back focussing on the narrow roads but first lunch. In one of the small town before Dignes Les Bains I stop at a pâtissière for fresh bread and a fruit tart. I enjoyed this French style by just stopping by the road at noon.
Lunch
From the town of Forcalquier, I took the narrow roads around the north side of Mont Ventoux to the hotel. Here I have made a great find! The hotel is in the centre of a very old town and the hotel has a pool and large garden at the back to relax. Pity I’m only here for two nights as I really feel comfortable here.
Dinner is a vegetarian Pizza a few doors down. Not as good as the pizza in Briancon, but good enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment